Patriot Charter strives to promote a safe and high-quality driving environment. Therefore, each applicant is run through a driver qualification process before being employed. All applicants per insurance guidelines must:
- Must meet all Federal Motor Carrier Guidelines
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License with proper endorsements, or Chauffeur License (where applicable) in state of residence.
- No current license suspension or revocation. A work permit is not acceptable.
- No serious or disqualifying traffic violations within the last three years as follows:Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit.
- Reckless driving, as defined by state of local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
- No more than four moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- No preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three (3) years. (Disabling damage means damage that precludes departure of any motor vehicle from the scene of an accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs. This includes damaged vehicles that are drive-able, but would incur further damage, if so driven). Any other accidents will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Must be 21 years old
- Previous employment must be consistent and accurate. Driver must have departed voluntarily from all previous employers (with the exception of a company closing). Applicants with 6 or more employers listed for a 12-month period will require special review for approval.
We operate a variety of different vehicles. Most commonly driven by Patriot Charter drivers are:
- Activity Buses
- Shuttle Buses
- Motor Coach
Patriot Charter operates multiple sites across the United States. Each location operates local, scheduled, contract operations. Our primary focus is transporting government employees and members of the military. Our drivers are divided into multiple categories:
- Local Transportation
- Consists of drivers in specific cities adhering to weekly route schedules. These drivers are home every day and off most weekends and holidays.
- "Travel Team"
- Travel Team drivers are on a voluntary basis and not specifically required of local transportation drivers. These drivers travel to relocate buses from one city to another, travel to cover the shift of a local driver who may be off for any reason and operate new contracts in cities while permanent drivers are hired. Travel Team drivers are our "Elite" drivers and receive the benefits of per diems, travel allowances and bonus structures.
- Cross Country
- These drivers have opportunities to transport "Long Hauls" with passengers across the nation.
Memphis operations take place within 25 miles of the airport. Operations include morning shift drivers from approximately 4:30am through 7:30am, while afternoon operations are from approximately 4:00pm through 8:00pm.
Drivers are required to complete background checks, pre-employment drug screenings, MVR release, mandatory training (approx. 8 hrs - paid), be comfortable communicating through iPads, phone and computers.
All drivers are issued iPads for email, pre & post trip inspections, timesheets, reporting and further communication.
Driver pay starts at $20/hour and Lead drivers start at $25/hour. Every driver enjoys a 2 hour shift minimum. We take pride in frequent performance reviews along with bonuses measured against drivers punctuality, attention to detail, enthusiasm and reviews.
Opportunities for advancement are plentiful as well as opportunities for additional hours relocating buses and / or delivering buses for maintenance.
Patriot Charter provides the following benefits for employees who work 20+ hours per week:
- FREE life insurance ($25,000) for every employee who completes the process to waive or enroll in the medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, critical illness, or additional life (up to $100,000) insurances.
- You can opt into a Bronze, Silver or Gold health insurance plan, including spouse and/or dependent coverage, as well as any of the other insurance offerings.
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Critical Illness
- Flexible Time Off
Local drivers are home every night and most weekends and holidays. We schedule a variety of shifts and drivers get to spend much time at home. In most cities drivers coordinate their schedules with others and have the flexibility to have time off for family events and holidays.
Travel Team drivers are usually only away for home for a couple weeks intermittently and enjoy the benefits of local drivers when not traveling.
Cross Country drivers also only travel for a week or two at a time. They enjoy similar schedules of our Travel Team drivers.